Over the past two years, the Unikraft team has made great progress in simplifying the process of building unikernels through a unified and customizable code base. The result is the hot off the press Unikraft 0.4 (codename Rhea), which contains a large set of new features and enhancements:
- Cloud-based deployments (GCP, AWS, Digital Ocean)
- Improvements to the ARM64 platform, including virtio and multi-thread support
- Basic musl support
- pthread and TLS support
- Trace point sub-system
- Filesystem support (9pfs, devfs, ramfs)
- Applications: Click, SQLite, nginx, redis
- Support for external platforms, and in particular solo5
- Additional lib ports: uuid, http-parser, intel-intrinsics, openssl, boost, protobuf, etc.
- Lots of other features and bug fixes
In addition, with this release the “kraft” tool has been introduced, which greatly simplifies the process of building and running Unikraft-built unikernels.
More info about all these new features and functionalities on Unikraft brand-new website!